We understand how difficult this time must be for families and caregivers during these trying times. Please note that Eden Supportive Living continues to accept new admissions during the COVID-19 pandemic and that we are here for you and your family. We are taking precautionary measures given to us by IDPH and CDC to help protect our staff and residents from the virus.
Here's what we are doing to protect our residents and staff:
- A strict onboard screening program for new residents
- Dedicated volunteer screening areas to conduct tests on a regular basis
- Dedicated quarantine areas to allow staff rotation
- Dedicated isolation areas in case of COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 symptom checks twice a day
- Sufficient supervision on-site to manage COVID-19 protocols
- Good connections with healthcare professionals to assist with medical or emergency needs, including site visits
- Eden lockdown protocols remain applicable regardless of national lockdown phases, until further notice
- Restrictions on visitors
- Sufficient medication and emergency equipment on site
- Supplying staff with PPE (personal protective equipment)
- A full program of activities delivered by our in-house health and well-being teams.
We are following the latest IDPH and CDC advice and have prevented visitors to our community, except for essential visits by healthcare professionals who will be required to adhere to strict protocols and end of life visitation by loved ones. We understand that this may be very difficult for families but we are clear in our duty to ensure we protect the health, safety, and well-being of our residents and staff.
Our residents are continued to be engaged daily with a full in-house activities program designed to meet their individual needs. If you would like to learn more about our available programs, please contact our Activity Department.
Would you like more information or advice about placing your loved one in our care? Please feel free to contact us.