The Chicago Eden is nestled in a tree-lined street in the Buena Park neighborhood, only steps away from the Lake Front, coffee shops, and Chicago’s own Wrigley Field.
The community offers the following amenities in addition to our standard services:
- Wide range of apartment types: studio, one-bedroom, and two bedroom in different sizes and configurations
- Fully handicapped-accessible baths, including roll-in showers and grab bars
- Modern kitchens with microwave, flame-free stovetop & ¾ size refrigerator
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
Community common areas:
- Adaptive Fitness Center
- Computer/cyber center with individual work stations and free high-speed internet
- Comfortably furnished television and living room area perfect for meetings and lazy Sunday afternoons
- Library/reading room
- Private activity center and game room suitable for private parties and family/friend dinners
- Movie theater open 24 hours and also available for private viewings, featuring surround sound, and Nintendo Wii on the big screen
- Free DVD library
- Pool table
- Grand piano
- Beautiful community stone fireplace
- Free laundry facilities (for residents who prefer to do their own laundry)
All utilities included in monthly rental with the exception of:
- Telephone service
- Cable (all rooms are cable-ready)
Activity Programming at Eden is varied, including:
- Daily wellness programming including group fitness, adaptive yoga, neighborhood walks, meditation sessions, wellness education, nutrition education, support groups, boccia ball, adaptive gardening, and dance classes
- All-inclusive trips outside the building once a week or more. Past trips have included adaptive sailing lessons, Chicago-area tours (History Boat Cruise, Willis Tower Skydeck, Navy Pier), museums, movie theater, adaptive bowling, adaptive cycling, restaurants for lunch, BBQs and fishing on Lake Michigan, local festivals, and Chicago Park District events
- Daily activity programming on-site. Groups run by residents, staff, volunteers, or hired instructors as needed. Examples of activities have included jewelry making, poetry & writing group, Nintendo Wii, pool tournament, poker nights, computer lessons, ceramics class, guitar lessons, and a Resident Council
- Group volunteer opportunities such as making lunch at the Ronald McDonald House Charity are offered
- Special events such as the MS Walk, Step Out Walk to Fight Diabetes, holiday parties, live entertainment, and an annual softball game.
- Please click here to view the Activity Schedule.
The driving force behind Eden is to improve the quality of your life. Eden is a social community. By living alongside your peers in vibrant and active neighborhoods, it is hard not to call “Eden” home.